Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Evacuation Day Reflections #4

Our school play, Evacuation Day, the Musical, is long over, but it is not forgotten. Furthermore, its effects can last for a very long time. Being in a play, trying hard, working in a group--these actions have reap rewards that might be even more important than the applause. Here is our last in the series of interviews with kids about how they felt being involved in the production.

This time we hear from Sophia, a wonderfully enthusiastic performer.


I’m glad that I was in the play because it was fun. It was like acting. I like acting because you can move around. Sometimes it was hard to remember the lines. I was a little bit scared, but then my parents said, “Good job.” Now the first graders will know the play when they are second graders next year.